Follow Me on Pinterest

I am a wife and mother to the most beautiful little girl. I love spending my time with my family and doing crafts. My blog is about anything and everything, whether it be about family, crafts, recipes or fun times!
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Fabric Covered Cork Boards

I was roaming through Ikea one day and found these heat trivets that I thought would be perfect as cork boards for my office makeover that I am doing. The hubby started his own company, so I wanted to redo the office for him so he would enjoy doing work in there(post on the office makeover will be coming soon!). I hung them up and they looked perfect for what I was going for. A couple of weeks later, I was thinking how much I liked them better than my plain old square cork board that I have had for years in my craft area. I decided that they would look even cuter covered in fabric, so I made my way to Hobby Lobby to get some cute stuff. All you need to do is cut a circle about 2 inches wider than the cork and use a hand stapler to secure the fabric on the back. Then I cut the extra fabric off. You can use a hot glue gun, but I didn't want to burn my fingers and thought the stapler would hold the fabric better. I used 3m strips to hold them onto the wall.

   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment