Follow Me on Pinterest

I am a wife and mother to the most beautiful little girl. I love spending my time with my family and doing crafts. My blog is about anything and everything, whether it be about family, crafts, recipes or fun times!
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hello Dolly Bars (aka Magic Bars)

Growing up, my Mom would always make a treat on Sunday nights. Hello Dolly Bars seemed to be the choice on most occasions. Still to this day when I am over at my parent's house for Sunday dinner, my Dad always suggests that we make Hello Dolly Bars.They are just that good! Warning: Once you try them, you will be addicted. Hope you enjoy!

Hello Dolly Bars

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs  
1/2 cup butter, melted  
1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips  
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips  
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut  
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk   

Preperation:

Melt the butter in a pot; mix in graham cracker crumbs. Pat crumb mixture in a 9x13" baking pan (spray pan with cooking spray first) to make crust. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the crumbs in the order given above, in layers. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk on top. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins. Let cool.



Just some notes: The graham crackers usually have 3 bags in each box. I take 2 bags and smash them with my hands before I open the bag to make the crumbs. I then take 1 1/2 sticks of butter and melt it, and then add 1 1/2 bags of graham cracker to the butter. I like to have a thicker graham cracker crust, so it really is what you prefer. I do not measure any of the ingredients. I just spread them out and eyeball it. I also found that I like to use a pie dish instead of a baking pan. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment